When you think of flowers, it’s common to think offspring time. Despite that season being long over, it’s time to make way for the rich and vibrant late-bloomers of fall. Whether you’re looking for a fall floral arrangement for a special occasion, to send to a loved one or to simply decorate your home with, we carry a huge selection of bouquets that are guaranteed to satisfy your personal taste and style. Our fall arrangements reflect the warm autumn colours and are a perfect way to bring the crisp outdoors into your home.
What Types of Flowers are in Season during the Fall?
Fall flowers are best known for their shades of deep red, orange, yellow and purple. Some of the best flowers to help you achieve the perfect fall look include:
- Chrysanthemums: As one of the most quintessential flowers of fall, mums come in a variety of festive colours and sizes. These sturdy flowers bloom in late fall and can survive heavy frost, making them perfect to include in your fall arrangement.
- Marigolds: If you want a flashy splash of colour, African Marigolds are ideal. Marigolds will add cheeriness to any room with their pompom-like appearance and provide you with a classic range of fall colours.
- Sunflowers: False, or perennial sunflowers feature yellow petals and brown centres. These flowers typically bloom towards the end of the summer season and into the early fall.
- Black-eyed Susans: Similar to sunflowers, black-eyed susans have golden yellow petals and brown or black button centres. The shape of these bold-looking flowers is reminiscent of the daisy, and they pair well with mums and asters.
- Asters: As summer flowers begin to fade, Asters come alive. They come in a variety of blue and purple tones, offering a break in the traditional fall colour scheme of red, yellow and orange. They also require very little maintenance, making them easy to grow or include in an arrangement.
- Sedums: Also known as stonecrops, sedum flowers are an important late-season food source for a variety of pollinators such as bees and butterflies. Cut sedum blooms will also last for several weeks in a vase, ensuring you get the most bang for your buck.
- Celosias: The celosia flower comes in a variety of classic fall colours including deep red, warm orange, bright yellow and moody purple to accent your arrangement. Despite its exotic appearance, celosia thrives in sunlight and is easy to care for.
Send Fall Flowers to Your Loved Ones with Our Fast and Reliable Flower Delivery Service in Ottawa
If you’re interested in growing your own fall flowers, be sure to plant your seeds or bulbs in the late spring or early summer seasons to ensure they bloom when autumn rolls around. If you don’t have a green thumb or have missed the window of opportunity this year, we have you covered. As the colder weather approaches, spread joy, love and warmth with a fall bouquet or floral arrangement from Terra Plants & Flowers.